Spring is Time for Detoxing
Yes, the springtime is a wonderful time to start the detox ball rolling if you are not on a regular detox routine already.
What is detoxing?
Simply put; “to abstain from or rid the body of toxic or unhealthy substances”. Detox is a process in which a person makes lifestyle changes to clear their body of toxins. Toxins are any substance that can be poisonous or cause negative health effects. “Toxin” refers to all the metals, artificial food ingredients, chemicals, chlorine, pharmaceuticals, pollutants, phthalates, benzines, fire retardants, pesticides, and poisons that cause the body harm. Detoxifying the body has been a familiar modality to all ancient healing traditions, including Ayurvedic, Egyptian, Chinese and Native American for thousands of years.
Why should one detox?
We are in constant contact daily with harmful organisms and pollutants. They’re in our water, in our food, and in the air we breathe; it’s very difficult to get away from them. Everyday we are exposed to about 50,000 chemicals from the environment, water, and food we eat thus resulting in hazardous heavy metals that get stored in our body. When toxins are present in the body, blood circulation is blocked and cellular energy is impaired, which inhibits the body’s immune system, making it difficult for the body to fight disease. In order to maintain a productive life, detoxification is a necessity. The source of many health issues is the toxins that have built up in our bodies over the years. And there is no practical way to protect yourself from all the toxins in the environment. Fortunately, there are ways to counteract some toxins and pollutants. Your body’s natural detoxification processes exist to deal with the ones we can’t avoid. You can help your body perform these processes with the help of regular cleansing. A few of the benefits of detoxifying your system are to release toxins & heavy metals, enhance your immune system and lose weight. Detoxification is about resting, cleansing and nourishing the body from the inside out. By removing and eliminating toxins, then feeding your body with healthy nutrients, detoxifying can help protect you from disease and renew your ability to maintain optimum health.
How will I feel after a detox cleanse?
One can experience a headache, feeling tired or achy like you’re getting over the flu a day or two after a detox cleanse. This is TEMPORARY! It takes a lot of work for the body to purge toxins – killing off germs and the bad guys is a tough job! Do NOT try to do a heavy detox all at once unless your under a doctors care. AND always drink extra water (recommended daily water intake is 8 glasses of purified water). Extra water is important in the detoxification process as you want to flush the crap out of your systems! Note: Do NOT use fluoridated water ever!
How can one detox on a regular basis?
A simple way to detox is by drinking lots of purified or filtered water with lemon or cucumber in it – 8 glasses daily is recommended.
Detoxifying your body is not only about what you avoid, but also about what you consume. Following a healthy diet can go a long way. There are also many foods that aid detoxification — garlic, lemon, ginger, broccoli sprouts, mung beans, parsley, cilantro, and raw vegetables. Many diets promote cleansing and detoxification like a strict raw, organic, vegan diet, but there are other options if this isn’t for you. You could also try a raw alkaline diet. It’s a temporary cleanse consisting of uncooked fruits and vegetables and raw nuts, seeds, and sprouts. It’s a great strategy for detoxing the colon and liver. A juice diet is also helpful and is centered around consuming freshly-made fruit and vegetable juice—preferably organic. Say ‘no’ to GMO, sugar and processed foods!
Herbal supplements can be helpful however it’s best to work with a practitioner who’s trained in herbalism or TCM.
Use an air purifier or salt lamp to help with the air quality.
What kind of treatments are helpful with the detoxing process?
The Far Infrared Sauna and Ionic Footbath are two simple, painless, comfortable, soothing methods that can aid in the detoxification process. The ionic detox and cleanse foot bath uses energized water to help your body detox and feel rejuvenated. Through water ionization, your body will be stimulated to expel and remove any excess toxins in the body. The Far Infrared Sauna is designed to detoxify heavy metals including mercury, lead, cadmium and aluminum, as well as aid in the elimination of arsenic, formaldehyde and industrial chemicals that have been stored throughout the body.
Then there’s Ear Coning or Candling, a gentle noninvasive modality used to clear physical, emotional and energetic debris and blockages that impair our ability to hear and take in information on many levels. A very effective technique for those with ear blockages, hearing loss, sensitivity, upper respiratory issues, allergies, candida, tinnitus… This session begins with a mild lymph massage of the neck and head which helps to open up the body for drainage followed by the ear coning.
Lymphatic massage uses light, rhythmic touch to improve lymph circulation. This gentle technique can prevent or reduce fluid retention, enhance the removal of toxins from body tissues, and support the immune system. This treatment is NOT recommended on anyone with an active skin infection, thrombosis, an open wound or a fever. Anyone who has heart or kidney disease, or is seeing a doctor for any other reason, should inform the practitioner in advance of your appointment.
Galvanic treatment has been in spas and salons for more than 50 years as customized treatments to refresh and energize the skin. These treatments, through a gentle massaging action, help focus cellular energy and enhance circulation. During pre-treatment cycle, the Galvanic instrument and the pre-treat gel are negatively charged. These negative charges repel each other, driving the pre-treat gel into the skin and the gel binds to impurities in the skin. During the treatment cycle, the Galvanic instrument and the gel are positively charged. These positive charges repel each other helping to deliver the beneficial ingredients to the skin. The positive charged instrument attracts the remaining negatively charged impurities from the pre-treat cycle, drawing them out of the skin. This treatment can be used on the scalp for thinning hair, the face for acne, age spots, fine lines & wrinkles, stretch marks, scar tissue and age spots, as well as but not limited to the abdomen, arms and/or thighs for wrinkles, stretch marks, scar tissue and cellulite.
The AWC offers several of these treatments to help with your Detox needs! check it out @ Abundant Wellness
Start the Detoxification process with: (Note: Herbal extracts are the most potent and quickest way to get the job done! AND it is recommended to consult your healthcare practitioner before starting any new life changing diet or detox program – remember you ARE in charge of your body so take care of it.)
- the colon – coffee ememas, herbal supplements like psyllium, cascara sagrada, bentonite, slippery elm bark, buck thorn, humic acid, drink lots of water
- the kidneys & bladder – parsley, asparagus, marshmallow root, drink lots of water
- the liver – coffee enemas, turmeric, milk thistle, root vegetables like beets, ginger, burdock, drink lots of water or using this protocol: Oils are another way to Detox the liver using borututu bark, chanca piedra for 4 days followed by olive oil and epsom salts on the 5th day. Another very gentle Liver & Gallbladder cleanse: Veggie only week! make a shake using 1 lemon, 1 lime, ice, piece of ginger, garlic and 1 tablespoon of olive oil and each day for 5 days increase the garlic and olive oil by one. Use parsley if needed! Eat carrot and beet salads, green juice drink, potassium broth soup* *1 gallon filtered water plus 4 lbs chopped/grated veggies of any types or quantities, such as: thick potato skins, yam or sweet potato skins, carrots, rutabagas, turnips, celery, zucchini, green beans, summer squash, onion, parsley and cilantro, greens of all types
- the Lymph nodes – Cat’s Claw, Pau D’Arco, Burdock Root, Essiac Tea, Daily Rebounding exercise
- Parasite Cleanse (6 weeks) – Black Walnut Green Hull, American Wormseed, Epazote, Wormwood, Clove, Kamala, Bromeline, Diatomaceous Earth
The Seven Step Essential Program for Prevention:
- Let Food be Your Medicine*
- Detox (daily gentle detox)
- Balance Energy (Reiki, Acupuncture, Massage, Chiropractic, Exercise, etc)
- Heal Emotional Wounds (Manage Stress, Love & Forgiveness)
- Biological Dentistry
- Specific Herbs, Supplements & Vitamins*
- True Prevention (Thermography, Blood tests for cancer profile – HCG hormones, PHI, TK1 enzyme, ANCA blood test) *Apigenin (celery), Curcumin (Turmeric) with Black Pepper and olive oil , Resveratrol (grapes & blueberries), Berberine, Quercetin, Garlic, N-acetycystein & Lipoic Acid, Sulforaphane (Cruciferous Veggies like broccoli, cabbage, brussel sprouts), Sprouts, Seafood, Sauerkraut and fermented veggies, Sweet Potato & Pumpkin Seeds (B-6), Rosemary,Wheat Grass, Kitecions, Chocolate, Green Tea, Essiac Tea, Cannabinoids (Hemp), Probiotics, Huang Qi (Astragalus which can be taken for a long time), Nan Sha Shen (American silvertop root), Gan cao (licorice root), Poria (medicinal mushroom), Reishi (Beta-glucans), Cordyceps, Fu ling, Oldenlandia diffusa (Snake-needle grass), Asparagus root, Huang qin (scientific name Scutellaria baicalensis) a.k.a. Baikal skullcap or Chinese skullcap, Sea Cucumber, Collagen, Flavonoids, Folic Acid, Vitamin B including B-17 & B-53, Vitamin C, Vitamin D & K2, Omega 3, Magnesium, Chromium, Silica, Selenium, Zinc, also Salvestrols belong to the phytoalexins and have a cancer-inhibiting effect in humans. They cause tumour cells to die but leave healthy cells unharmed.
Natural Treatments for Skin Carcinomas:
Curaderm BEC5 cream for Basal Cell Carcinoma
Solar keratoses or sunspots are a possible predictor of skin cancer. These red patches caused by sun exposure are made of abnormal cells that can mutate into malignant cells in the basal, or lower layers of the skin. Newtons salve for solar keratoses contains extracts of Blood root and Devil’s apple with Hemp Oil in a beeswax and lanolin ointment base. It will assist in the treatment of solar keratoses (sunspots) and related lesions. Similar to Curaderm and Cansema, but without any erosive chemicals and harmful effects. Blood root was used by Harry Hoxsey in his topical skin cancer solutions that demonstrated efficacy for melanoma. Devil’s Apple (Solanum linnaeanum) is a poisonous nightshade species native to South Africa and is considered an invasive weed in Australia and New Zealand. The applications of devil’s apple in combating cancer was tested and patented in the early 1980s by Bill Cham, who was then a medical researcher at the University of Queensland. Cham, who developed a cream made from the devil’s apple flower, followed up anecdotal evidence from livestock owners that the growth of skin cancers and lesions had slowed down or cleared up in horses and cattle that ate the weed. Farmers were also known to rub the sap of the fruit to repair sunspots.
It is now known and proven by clinical trials that the selective anti-tumor effects of Devil’s apple are due to Solasodine rhamnosyl glycosides compounds, also found in eggplants. Solasodine rhamnosyl glycosides (SRGs) induce apoptosis in a wide variety of cancer cells and are more effective than many well-established anticancer agents.
Rigvir (Riga Virus) successfully treats melanoma in Riga, Latvia by Dr. Kaspars Losans, M.D. Oncologist and Director of International Virotherapy Centre.
The Medical Center in Cologne, Germany with Dr. Robert Groter, M.D., Ph.D.
Other Natural Therapies for Cancer:
- Sonar Therapy with Sensitizer (chlorophyll)
- Photo Dynamic Therapy
- Pulsating Electromagnetic Therapy
- Hyperbolic Oxygen Chamber
- Local Direct Hyperthermia
- Far & Near Infrared Sauna
- Antineoplastons (a group of naturally-occurring peptides and amino acid derivatives which control tumor growth, and have been proven in clinical studies on a number of advanced cancer cases to be highly effective and non-toxic, relative to chemotherapy.)
- Change the epigenetic code through diet
- Ketogenic Diet (avocados, olives, coconuts, grass fed raw butter, nuts like pecans & macadamia, flax & chia seeds)
Micro-nutrients to prevent cancer growth: (Synergy Program from Dr. Rath Research Institute – offers a free book “Victory Over Cancer”)
- Vitamin C
- Lysine – Amino Acid
- Trace Elements including Copper & Selenium
- Green Tea ECGC
“All disease begins in the gut.” ~ Hippocrates
What’s leaky gut or intestinal permeability?
Leaky gut occurs when the small intestines gets damaged and small particles start leaking into the bloodstream. It’s progression often leads to increased stress, toxins, particles, drugs, pathogens, organ malfunction and leading to GI inflammation, food intolerance, malabsorption, immune system issues and then an autoimmunity (Hashimotos, IBS, Celiac Disease, MS, ADHD, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, Renal or Adrenal Failure, etc.).
5 Steps to Healing Leaky Gut:
- Know your gut type (Candida Gut, Gastric Gut, Stressed Gut, Immune Gut or Toxic Gut)
- Remove inflammatory food triggers
- Nourish gut lining with key nutrients
- Treat specific organs with supplements
- Rebalance microbium (microbes and probiotics)
Leaky Gut Trigger Foods:
- Processed Sugar as well as Aspartame, Sucralose, Splenda
- Dairy (not including goats milk kefir)
- Food Allergens (different for everyone – soy, corn, nuts, shellfish, eggs, etc.)
Healing Foods for Leaky Gut:
- Bone Broth (collagen* & proline)
- Coconut & Coconut oil
- Fermented veggies
- Goat’s Milk Kefir
- Blueberries, Orange & Yellow Squashes
Recommended Supplements for Leaky Gut:
- Digestive Enzymes (2 caps with meat & starches)
- Adaptogenic Herbs – Ginseng (spleen & digestion), Ashwagandha (adrenals & thyroid) & Licorice Root (stomach)
- L-glutamine – (repairs & heals small intestine) recommended use on a short term basis
Budwig Diet: (must MIX cottage cheese and flax seed oil well)
- Cottage Cheese
- 2 Tbs Flax seed oil
- Add fruit or greens or nuts, etc.
- Coffee Enema (lightly roasted organic coffee bean) cleanses liver uses palmitic acid to create Glutathione S-transferases (GSTs)
*Collagen Types 1 & 3 for Hair, Skin, Nails, and Bones (Suggested use to take with juice or Vitamin C supplement in the morning. Take separately from Type 2 Collagen.)
Collagen Types 1 & 3 may:
- minimize fine lines and wrinkles
- improve elasticity*
- support the bone matrix (36% of bone is made up of collagen Type 1 and 3)
- correct weak or damaged nail beds
- thicken fine hair, slows hair loss
- improve circulation
- promote glycine production which builds leans muscle and helps burn fat during sleep
- Supplementing with collagen may also, “increase skin hydration by 28%, decrease micro-furrows by 26%, and increase skin suppleness by 19%”
*Collagen Type 2 for Joint and Cartilage Support (Suggested use to take at bedtime on an empty stomach. To improve effectiveness, do not take in conjunction with Type 1 & 3.)
Collagen Type 2: (makes up 50-60% of protein in cartilage & makes up 85-90% of collagen in articular cartilage)
- may reduce popping knees
- may support back, jaw, and joints
- includes glucosamine, chondroitin, and hyaluronic acid
Get sunshine for natural Vitamin D – epigenetic influencers optimizes 10% of our genes. Sun mixes with the cholesterol of the skin to form Vitamin D. Sunshine can filter out the good UVB rays that help produce Vitamin D and allow the harmful UVA rays to penetrate our bodies.
Aquaporons – allowing the cell’s function to be increased by super hydration – viruses can not function in a hydrated cell. Molecular Resonance Effect Technology (MRET water)
- Molecular Resonance Effect Technology Water Activator
- Creates a subtle, low-frequency electromagnetic field which is imprinted into the water
- Prevents cellular dehydration and slows down the aging process closely related to the dehydration of cells
- Supports immune function
- Normalizes the pH of the body
Molecular Hydrogen Water – Echo Water
PEMF (low frequency)
MRET device for cell phones
Feed our System with Emotional Well-being
1 minute of anger = 6 hours of depression
1 minute of laughter = boost immune system for 24 hours
Music changes the way the brain works (relaxing music is therapeutic)
Support your body:
- Don’t eat for 3 hours before bed
- Sleep for 8 hours